Today I am spending some time trying to figure out direction for this blog and the Bumblebee and Sophie Business. I am not entirely sure what direction I will take, but, my inclination is to back off on the business end of things and enjoy sewing and blogging about those sewing adventures.
My goals is to try some new things.
1. I would like to tackle a new technique each week, I hope to find a tutorial to follow each week and let you know how it goes.
2. I am going to take a class to figure out my serger, I would like to be able to use all its features, not just finish seams.
3. I want to make some clothes for me…I purchase some wool/silk blend to make a skirt for myself…scary…
4. I want to spend some more time knitting. I have several projects that need to be finished. Some I started about 3 years ago…
5. I want to attempt some Modern Quilting.
6. I want to make things for my family and friends.
I am going to attempt to take my time and do each project in an excellent manner. I want to produce quality work, not rush and skip steps just to get done faster. I am sure along the year I will find some new goals, and hope to share them here.
Here are a few things I made custom for a friend to give as gifts:
Hope you have a great beginning of the year!!